By Derek Pearsall
- Traces the historical past of Arthurian romance from medieval to trendy times.
- Covers paintings and movies in addition to the good literary works of Arthurian romance.
- Draws out the altering political, ethical and emotional makes use of of the story.
- Explains the iconic attraction of the Arthurian legend.
- Written by way of an writer with huge wisdom of medieval literature.
Read Online or Download Arthurian Romance: A Short Introduction (Wiley Blackwell Introductions to Literature) PDF
Similar literary gothic & romantic criticism books
What did autobiography suggest to Romantic readers and writers? How do autobiographical texts of the interval replicate, convey, and negotiate those stipulations? Answering those questions and extra, James Treadwell examines a wide selection of Romantic texts, with unmarried chapters dedicated to works via Coleridge, Byron, and Lamb.
Romanticism used to be a cultural and highbrow circulation characterised by way of discovery, revolution, and the poetic in addition to by way of the philosophical dating among humans and nature. Botany sits on the intersection the place romantic clinical and literary discourses meet. Clandestine Marriage explores the which means and techniques of the way crops have been represented and reproduced in clinical, literary, creative, and fabric cultures of the interval.
Widespread examples from modern vampire literature divulge a wish to reconsider and re-work the long-standing, folkloristic interpretation of the vampire because the immortal undead. This e-book explores the "new vampire" as a literary trope, delivering a finished severe research of vampires in modern well known literature and demonstrating how they interact with crucial cultural preoccupations, anxieties, and needs.
Whilst it initially seemed, Elizabeth Rollins Epperly’s The perfume of Sweet-Grass was once one of many first demanding situations to the concept L. M. Montgomery’s books have been unworthy of significant research. studying all of Montgomery’s fiction, Epperly argues that Montgomery was once even more than a grasp of the romance style and that, via her use of literary allusions, repetitions, irony, and comedian inversions, she deftly manipulated the conventional conventions of romance novels.
- Love Cures: Healing and Love Magic in Old French Romance (Penn State Romance Studies)
- Splattered Ink: Postfeminist Gothic Fiction and Gendered Violence
- The Cambridge Companion to British Romanticism (Cambridge Companions to Literature)
- The Romantics Reviewed: Contemporary Reviews of British Romantic Writers. Part C: Shelley, Keats and London Radical Writers - Volume II: Volume 9 (Routledge Revivals: The Romantics Reviewed)
Additional resources for Arthurian Romance: A Short Introduction (Wiley Blackwell Introductions to Literature)
Arthurian Romance: A Short Introduction (Wiley Blackwell Introductions to Literature) by Derek Pearsall