By Helen Fulton
- Offers a accomplished survey from the earliest to the latest works
- Features a powerful diversity of recognized overseas contributors
- Examines modern additions to the Arthurian canon, together with movie and machine games
- Underscores an figuring out of Arthurian literature as basic to western literary tradition
Read Online or Download A Companion to Arthurian Literature (Blackwell Companions to Literature and Culture) PDF
Similar literary gothic & romantic criticism books
What did autobiography suggest to Romantic readers and writers? How do autobiographical texts of the interval mirror, convey, and negotiate those stipulations? Answering those questions and extra, James Treadwell examines a wide selection of Romantic texts, with unmarried chapters dedicated to works through Coleridge, Byron, and Lamb.
Romanticism used to be a cultural and highbrow flow characterised by means of discovery, revolution, and the poetic in addition to by means of the philosophical dating among humans and nature. Botany sits on the intersection the place romantic medical and literary discourses meet. Clandestine Marriage explores the which means and strategies of ways vegetation have been represented and reproduced in clinical, literary, inventive, and fabric cultures of the interval.
Widespread examples from modern vampire literature disclose a wish to reconsider and re-work the long-standing, folkloristic interpretation of the vampire because the immortal undead. This booklet explores the "new vampire" as a literary trope, delivering a complete severe research of vampires in modern well known literature and demonstrating how they interact with crucial cultural preoccupations, anxieties, and wishes.
Whilst it initially seemed, Elizabeth Rollins Epperly’s The body spray of Sweet-Grass was once one of many first demanding situations to the concept L. M. Montgomery’s books have been unworthy of significant learn. studying all of Montgomery’s fiction, Epperly argues that Montgomery used to be even more than a grasp of the romance style and that, via her use of literary allusions, repetitions, irony, and comedian inversions, she deftly manipulated the conventional conventions of romance novels.
- Charles Dickens in Cyberspace: The Afterlife of the Nineteenth Century in Postmodern Culture
- The Romantics Reviewed: Contemporary Reviews of British Romantic Writers. Part B: Byron and Regency Society poets - Volume IV: Volume 6 (Routledge Revivals: The Romantics Reviewed)
- Romantic Periodicals and Print Culture
- Romanticism and Civilization: Love, Marriage, and Family in Rousseau’s Julie (Politics, Literature, & Film)
- Romantic Autobiography in England (The Nineteenth Century Series)
- A Handbook of Romanticism Studies (Critical Theory Handbooks)
Extra resources for A Companion to Arthurian Literature (Blackwell Companions to Literature and Culture)
A Companion to Arthurian Literature (Blackwell Companions to Literature and Culture) by Helen Fulton